Friday, January 18, 2013

Diego Garcia

  So far here in my first week in San Lucas, Guatemala, I have experienced a society, people, and culture new, but at the same time already known. I say known because I have already gone to towns similar to San Lucas and met people similar too. Still the new are small details that you have to find and discover on your own here in San Lucas. And so far I have attempted to venture out and find those small details.

  The locals here are very welcoming and social able  I met a couple of young girls who work at a near by ice cream shop, and they were interested in where I was from. So I told them and I learned some things from them. Another day I interacted with some middle school/ High school students and learned about the different classes they learn and take.

  At the mission I have met some new people from different parts of the United States. Some of these volunteers come from the Midwest and East coast. Not only do I get to learn from the locals, but also from the volunteers too.

  The work here is manageable and very educational . My first day here, my group went to visit the three main projects. They are the coffee project, reforestation project, and the woman center. Unfortunately  I got sick and I was out for three days so I lost out in working and talking to the locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment